Thursday, March 26, 2015

2015-03-24 UBUNTU! What took me so long?

Yesterday · 
 · 
My first post from UBUNTU!!!
I knew for years that I have to switch from Windows to UBUNTU. But my old habits were difficult to quit... And people warned me that it may be difficult to install.
Well, it took me about 10 min, and the installation was pretty much a one button click...
There are still some issues left to resolve:
- How to handle Hebrew? That strange language, written from right to left...
- How friendly the built in software for image/graphics is?
- How easy it would be to find a free replacement for PDF SAM?
- How easy it would be to install PALM DESKTOP?
But the advantages are enormous! My computer started operating in unheard off speed, and I am still running UBUNTU from a CD, not a true permanent installation!!!
More important - the gratification that I am freeing myself from Windows - another arm of the US gov octopus...
  • Joseph Zernik
    אפילו העברית כבר עובדת!
  • David Rojas Hey Joseph. When you have time, can you list some of the advantages and disavantages. I don't know nothing about UBUNTU. I guess I'll search it out.
  • David Rojas In Israel you have problems but we got you beat, we got Obama, It don't get any worse.
  • Joseph Zernik First: Ubuntu got my computer running much much faster. The reason is probably that regardless of repeat scanning, I got malware on my windows, which is after all built full of holes for US agencies to come in... Second: No need to worry about viruses, maiware etc. Most of them work only on Windows... Third: It feels better to be in a relationship with Open Code than with Bill Gates, after all these years...

No comments: