Monday, January 19, 2015

2015-01-19 Tight Israeli security...

2015-01-19 Tight Israeli security...
=========================
On the way out of Israel, I was stopped by security even before I entered the airport, was pulled to the side for a few questions...
On the way back, in the Zurich airport, after all the Swiss security checks, there was one last Israeli security check at the gate itself. I presented my boarding pass. 
The young security guy (~30) asked me where I have been. 
I answered "Zurich and Berlin".
Then his supervisor (over 50) intervened: "And what exactly did you do in Los Angeles?"
"I lived there for over 20 years," I answered.
"And what happened to your US passport?"
"I paid good money to get rid of it, " I answered.
Then the young guy intervened, "Yeah, that's what everybody in finance does nowadays".
I thought it was funny:
* The older guy had to show that they knew everything about me.
* The young guy mistook me for a bankster...
* The young guy confirmed what was clear to me for a long time - there is a large wave of renunciations.

No comments: