Friday, January 16, 2015

2015-01-15 Preaching in Zurich and Berlin

2015-01-15 Preaching in Zurich and Berlin
========================
For one reason or another, getting older, I find myself more and more often in the preacher's mode. I guess it is a bad trait of all old people, typically inexcusable and intolerable.. 
In my defense I can say:
* Gangsters in Los Angeles Twin Tower Jail asked me to preach for them on Sunday morning.
* Young people here appear interested in what I say, and even ask for more...
So what do I preach to the young Germans?
I. Germans carry a heavy responsibility, being more or less the center of what is left of the "Free World".
II. Germans have a lot to lose, if they would not assume that responsibility and allow their government to be dragged into some irresponsible US-led adventure in Europe.
III. People must constantly watch their government. You don't watch them for a minute, and they get corrupt. Civil society is an unbalanced equilibrium. Corrupt government is a balanced equilibrium - it is easy to fall down from civil society into corrupt government, and very difficult to make the way back.

No comments: