Monday, September 17, 2012

12-09-17 Dispatch de Barcelona – the ongoing identity crisis of a ‘terrorist’


From mainstream to “wanted” to mainstream again?  
  
International Academy, Research, and Industry Association – organizers of  DATA ANALYTICS 2012 in Barcelona; the Geneva-based International Peace Bureau, et moi…
Barcelona, September 17 – it took me time in recent years to adjust to my new station in life – subject to law enforcement harassment and unlawful banking/government extortion both in the United States and Israel.  Prior to that, I was the recipient of millions of dollars in US government stipends and grants, consultant to two departments of the US government…  According to US law today, I am likely a ‘terrorist’.
Eventually I realized flipping from beneficiary of the US government’s largesse to ‘terrorist’ is not so unique – see – Taliban, Saddam Hussein, Noriega, etc, etc.
Coming to Barcelona, I expected the usual suspects to show interest in my work –hackers, occupiers, or even anarchists.  Not in Barcelona.  When I tell people in Barcelona that according to US law I am likely to be deemed a ‘terrorist’, and that I had to escape from the United States under a life-threatening situation, they think it is a joke.  They don’t realize that in the United States today, much milder jokes can end in being shot and killed by law enforcement.
Instead, I am presenting my work in an international academic computer science/informatics conferences, Data Analytics and Next Tech, organized by the International Academy, Research, and Industry Association – not a likely to be front for international terror, and now also invited for a meeting with a senior executive of the Switzerland-based International Peace Bureau - “dedicated to the vision of a World Without War… a Nobel Peace Laureate (1910)…  over the years, 13 of its officers have been recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize.”

No comments: