In response to a request by the Leslie Brodie Report, Dr Zernik provided a short review of the history of the corruption of the Los Angeles Superior Court, highlighting the Iran-Contra Scandal, the Rampart Scandal, the implementation of Sustain (case management system), Countrywide/Bank of America, and the US District Court in Los Angeles, as key causes of the corruption.
Frederick Bennett John Clarke Jacqueline Connor
Court Counsel Clerk of the Court California Judge
Central Figures of the LA-JR [1,2](alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket)
Based on extensive studies of the courts, the writer offered some educated guesses.
A. QUANTIFYING CORRUPTIONToday, rampant corruption of the state and US courts is fully documented from coast to coast. However, studying and quantifying corruption remain difficult.
Regardless, it is estimated that Los Angeles County and the Los Angeles Superior Court remain one of the most corrupt in the nation.
- Computerization of the courts provides methods, which were previously not available, for screening numerous court cases. Based on such reviews, the writer believes that the LASC and likewise, the US District Court in Los Angeles, are exceptionally corrupt. (see below)
- Los Angeles County was notoriously corrupt already in the early 20th century, during the "Water Wars", remembered by the public primarily through the movie Chinatown.
- In 2006 the Blue Ribbon Review Panel published its report, following a 3-year study. The report opined that corruption in Los Angeles County at that time (2006) was higher than during the Water Wars. The report also pointed out specifically the LASC as a key to the corruption.  (see below)
- The writer believes that in the wake of the financial crisis, corruption of the LASC today is much higher than in 2006. (see below)
- Iran-Contra Scandal (~1982-1992)
The matter was fully documented in a US Department of Justice report. 
Local and state law enforcement, as well as the courts, had to collude in such corruption, which effectively designated Los Angeles County as an extra-constitutional zone.
- Rampart Scandal (1998-present)
The outcome was a cover up, with the resulting ongoing false imprisonment of thousands of Rampart FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons). 
The public and media ignored the corruption, since they it pertained primarily to the criminal courts, and the victims were almost exclusively blacks and Latinos. However, whoever thought that the same judges could be corrupt in the morning in a criminal case, and honest in the afternoon in a civil case, must have been deluded.
- Implementation of Sustain (~1985 - present)
Sustain was opined by this writer and internationally renowned computer experts as a fraud on the public. [10,11]
The system enables the routine conduct of simulated litigation in cases before the courts. Such cases are not considered by the Court itself as cases that were litigated pursuant to the law of California or the United States.
The case of Sustain also documents the leading role of the LASC as a corrupt court: The system is today implemented, according to the corporation's web site in 11 states!
- Corruption of the US District Court, Los Angeles (?-present)
Based on review of cases in the USDC, LA, and numerous other US district courts, the writer believes that the USDC LA today serves as a "clearing house" for various dubious transactions by US agencies, such as the movement of persons and things (including moneys) inside and outside the United States.
- Countrywide and Bank of America (1990s-present)
Likewise, FBI reports from the early 2000s indicated that Los Angeles County was, already then, the "epicenter of the epidemic of real estate and mortgage fraud".
It is claimed that already in the late 1990's the LASC moves on from control of the drug trade to real estate and financial institution fraud as its core business. It is claimed that it was the synergy between the two corrupt organizations - LASC and Countrywide - that created the "epicenter of the epidemic". [12-18]
The current financial crisis in its core reflects widespread corruption of the US justice system, and the breakdown of any semblance of due process in deprivation of life, liberty and property.
LINKS: 10-10-15 Proposed Organizational Chart of the LA-JR (alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket)
 11-08-08 PRESS RELEASE: Los Angeles Superior Court - Widespread Corruption and Refusal of the US Government to Take Action_Presentation in the 16th World Criminology Congress
 Brodie's request
- From: "Leslie Brodie." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 02:26:03 +0530
- Subject: Joseph Zernik Hereby Asked to Opine as to the Factors Contributing to the Fraud at the Los Angeles Courts
 11-07-04 Joseph Zernik,PhD, Biographical Sketch