Lomas v Bank of America in the Los Angeles Superior Court documents:
- Collusion between judges, clerks, attorneys, and financial institutions in abuse of rights of the People continues, while the US Department of Justice refuses to provide protection.
- The pending settlement by states Attorneys General of fraud by large financial institutions is nothing less than capitulation.
- The fraud in design and operation of Sustain - the case management system of the court facilitates judicial corruption.
- Installation of Sandor Samuels (Associate General Counsel of Bank of America and former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide), again, as President of the Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice" - amounts to adoption of criminality as a virtue by the Los Angeles Jewish Federation.
Brian Moynihan Sandor Samuels
In Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) Plaintiff Susan Lomas tries to protect her rights against alleged fraud by Bank of America and others in foreclosure procedures. Review of the "Case Summary", published online by the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, would lead a naive reader to conclude that a true litigation is underway, pursuant to the California law. [[i]]
However, when asked to produce the Register of Actions (California civil docket), Ms Lomas reported that the office of the Clerk of the Court repeatedly denied her requests to access the records, in apparent violation of First Amendment and Due Process rights.
When asked if she had been noticed and served any minutes of the proceedings, Ms Lomas reported that none was served and noticed, in apparent violation of Due Process rights.
When asked to produce copies of the minutes from the Office of the Clerk of the Court, Ms Lomas produced copies of minutes, which:
- Were missing the Certificate of Mailing/Notice of Entry by the Clerk, and therefore were invalid court records, but were incorporated into a fraudulent court file nevertheless, and
- Repeatedly included comments by Judge Peter J Meeka, "considered ... off of the record". [[ii]]
The case demonstrates that:
- Judges and clerks of the Los Angeles Superior Court continue to collude and financial institutions (here - BofA and others) and law firms, large and small (here - Attorney Mark V Asdourian) in fraud and alleged racketeering in the Court. The Court conducts of litigations, which were never deemed valid court actions by the Court itself, but are represented as such to the public at large.
- The US Department of Justice continues to refuse to address alleged widespread corruption and racketeering by large financial institutions and judges of the Los Angeles Superior Court. Already in the early 2000s FBI reports concluded that Los Angeles County was the "epicenter of the epidemic of real estate and mortgage fraud..." And already in 2007 complaints were filed with US Attorneys Office and FBI against Countrywide and the Los Angeles Superior Court as the key perpetrators of such fraud. Later Congressional Inquiries were filed by Senator Dianne Feinstein and Congresswoman Diane Watson. Regardless, FBI and US Attorney General refuse to provide Equal Protection to the 10 million residents of Los Angeles County against alleged racketeering by judges of the Superior Court of California. [[iii],[iv],[v]]
- The pending settlement by states Attorneys General of fraud by large financial institutions is nothing less than capitulation - abandoning the Human Rights of the People. [[vi]]
- Sustain and E-court (both products of Sustain Technologies) - the case management and online public access systems of the Los Angeles Superior Court, are essential tools in facilitating judicial corruption. [[vii]] The systems originated in the Los Angeles Superior Court, but are by now implemented in some dozen states. The unifying theme of Sustain products, and similar systems in the federal courts (PACER and CM/ECF), [[viii]] is the denial of access to valid court records, and the publication of fraudulent court records online instead.
- The installation, again, of Sandor Samuels, Associate General Counsel of BofA and former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide as President of Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice" - amounts to adoption of criminality as a virtue by the Los Angeles Jewish Federation. [[ix],[x],[xi],[xii]] In addition to Samuels, former President David Pasternak [[xiii], [xiv], [xv]] and former Executive Director Terry Friedman have been previously documented as engaging in the same practices in the courts, in concert.
The 2010 Staff Report of the Human Rights Council of the United Nations referenced "corruption of the courts and the legal profession, and discrimination of law enforcement in California". [[xvi]]
Paul Krugman summed it up in the New York Times: "a system in which ... bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
The current financial crisis is a widespread integrity crisis of the justice system and the US government. Unless integrity of the courts and the legal profession are addressed, socio-economic development and civil society conditions are unlikely to improve anytime soon.
[i] 11-03-20 Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles - online "Case Summary" and Minutes - Bank of America Continues Racketeering in the Courts
[ii] 11-03-20 Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles - online "Case Summary" and Minutes - Bank of America Continues Racketeering in the Courts (pages 5, 6, 8, 9)
[iii] 10-05-05 Countrywide, Bank of America [NYSE:BAC] and its President Brian Moynihan: Compilation of Records - Evidence of Racketeering in the Los Angeles courts
[iv] 10-05-05 Chairs of US Congress Committees of the Judiciary and Banking Are Requested to Join Senator Feinstein's Inquiries on Comptroller of the Currency
[v] 10-07-06 Complaint Filed with US Attorney Office Los Angeles Against Brian Moynihan, Bank of America [NYSE:BAC], and Bryan Cave, LLP, Alleging Racketeering in the Los Angeles courts
[vi] 11-03-19 in Proposed Mortgage Fraud Settlement, A Gift to Big Banks
[vii] 09-04-20 Prof Eliyahu Shamir's Opinion Letter re: Sustain - the Case Management System of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
[viii] Zernik, J: Data Mining of Online Judicial Records of the Networked US Federal Courts, International Journal on Social Media: Monitoring, Measurement, Mining, 1:69-83 (2010)
[ix] 10-06-11 Call for Accountability by the Jewish Community for Rampant Fraud at Los Angeles Superior Court
[x] 10-10-05 The Los Angeles Jewish/ Legal community again asked to assume accountability for conduct of Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice"
[xi] 10-10-11 Holly Fujie and Bet Tzedek: The Los Angeles Jewish Legal Community Again Asked to Assume Accountability for Conduct of Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice"
[xii] 11-03-17 No shame left in the Los Angeles Jewish Community; Countrywide's Sandor Samuels is again President of Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice"
[xiii] 10-06-21 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Complaint against David Pasternak - for Public Corruption and Deprivation of Civil Rights under the Color of Law Pursuant to US Law, and Deprivation of Human Rights Pursuant to Ratified International Law:
[xiv] 10-07-18 Galdjie v Darwish (SC052737) Complaint for Public Corruption against John Segal - Judge, John A Clarke - Clerk, Attorney David Pasternak and others at the Los Angeles Superior Court, RE: Conduct of pretense litigation - alleged real estate fraud by the Court.
[xv] 10-08-13 Karimi v Mithaiwala (BD518503) - Complaint against Attorney David Pasternak and the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, for public corruption and racketeering in pretense receiverships at the Court.
[xvi] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession".
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)