Tuesday, January 11, 2011
11-01-12 Welcome the Russian Federation - Last New Visitor! // Bienvenido Russia - Visitante Mas Reciente! // 欢迎俄罗斯联邦- 最后的新访问者！
11-01-10 Rabbi Susan Leider of Temple Beth Am, Los Angeles, Endorsed the Petition: Stay the Execution of Kevin Cooper, Impose a Moratorium on the Death Penalty in California // Rabina Susan Leider de Bet Templo Am, Los Angeles, hiza suya la petición: suspender la ejecución de Kevin Cooper, imponer una moratoria sobre la pena de muerte en California // 拉比寺贝丝苏珊莱德早上，洛杉矶，赞同该请愿书说：留在凯文库珀执行处以死刑的加州暂缓
Rabbi Susan Leider
Temple Beth Am, Los Angeles
Rabbi Susan Leider of Temple Beth Am, Los Angeles, Endorsed the Petition: Stay the Execution of Kevin Cooper, Impose a Moratorium on the Death Penalty in California
Los Angeles, January 10 - Rabbi Susan Leider of Temple Beth Am, Los Angeles, endorsed the call upon California Governor Jerry Brown to:
- Stay the execution of Kevin Cooper
- Impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
- Rabbi Sharon Brous, Ikar Synagogue, Los Angeles;
- Dr William Epps, Pastor of the Second Baptist Church, Los Angeles;
- Rabbi Michael Lerner, of Beyt Tikkun, Berkeley;
- Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller, UCLA Hillel;
- Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz, Uri L'Tzedek (Orthodox Social Justice Movement), and Rabbi Sharon Brous, Ikar Synagogue, Los Angeles .
Corruption of the justice system in California has been repeatedly documented for over a decade in official, scholarly, and media reports:
- Thousand of Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - mostly black and Latinos - victims of court corruption in Los Angeles County, which was uncovered in the Rampart scandal investigation (1998-2000), remain imprisoned to this date.
- The official Blue Ribbon Report (2006) recorded the Judges of the Los Angeles Court objecting to their release, since it would lead to "collapse of the justice system".
- The official Blue Ribbon Report (2006) concluded that the Los Angeles Superior Court "must be investigated".
- Widespread corruption of government in general, and the courts in particular, in San Bernardino County was repeatedly reported by media.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council report (2010) referred to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California".
- The United Nations Human Rights Council report (2010) also called upon the US to abolish the death penalty.
One of his first decisions (December 2010) as Governor Elect was to eliminate the state's Office of Inspector General.
The petition calls upon California Governor Jerry Brown to stay the execution of Kevin Cooper and to impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
Given the widespread corruption of the California government, religious leaders have been asked to spearhead the call for corrective actions.
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT:
Target: California Governor Jerry Brown:
We, the undersigned call upon Governor Schwarzenegger to stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California:
1. Reasonable doubts remain regarding the guilt of Kevin Cooper
The legal effort to prevent the execution of Kevin Cooper has run its course. Unless the governor of California intervenes, Cooper is likely to be put to death next year for the brutal 1983 murders of a Chino Hills couple, their 10-year-old daughter and an 11-year-old houseguest.
Just one eyewitness survived the horrific scene, a 9-year-old boy whose throat had been sliced. His initial account of the attack is one of many disturbing contradictions that led five federal judges to take issue with their colleagues' decision to put a stop to Cooper's appeals.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/12/EDG81GP0I7.DTL#ixzz18BGZmaQA
2. Corruption of the justice system in California was well-documented for over a decade.
Official, scholarly, and media reports have documented the corruption of the justice system in California for over a decade.
Reports of the Rampart corruption scandal (1998-2000) established that thousands of innocent persons were falsely imprisonment for long terms through framing of evidence, extraction of confessions under torture, and perjury of police. The victims - the Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - mostly blacks and Latinos, were estimated by various groups at 10,000-30,000. Regardless, judges of the Los Angeles Court have refuses to free the Rampart-FIPs, and the US Department of Justice refuses to take action either.
Read more: Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - Review; Rampart-FIPs - Rampart First Trial PBS Frontline: Rampart False Imprisonments; 06-07-15 Rampart Reconsidered: LAPD's Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006); 11-01-07 Superior Court of Los Angeles County, California: Widespread Public Corruption and Refusal of US Department of Justice to Take Action; 09-09-11-Former-San-Bernardino-County-Superior-Court-Presiding-Judge-Michael-Welch-suspect-in-real-estate-fraud-cases-under-the-guise-of-court-actions; 10-12-21 Brown to Eliminate State Office of Inspector General - Los Angeles Times
3. "Corruption of the courts and the legal profession" in California was noted in a recent report of the United Nations Human Rights Council, which called upon the US to abolish the death penalty.As part of the first ever Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States by the Human Rights Council of the United Nations, official report noted %u201Ccorruption of the courts and the legal profession%u201D in California.
The United Nations Human Rights Council also called upon the United States to abolish the death penalty.
Read more: http://www.scribd.com/doc/38566837/ ;http://www.scribd.com/doc/42218232/
4. Therefore, the Governor of California should stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.Under conditions that today prevail in the justice system in Los Angeles County and California, it is inconceivable to continue with executions. California Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger should stop the execution of Kevin Cooper and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in California.
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT:
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?* "Innocent people remain in prison"* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
WHAT DID THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL STAFF REPORT SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
11-01-11 Welcome Taiwan - Last New Visitor! // Bienvenido Taiwan - Visitante Mas Reciente! // 欢迎台湾- 最后的新访问者！
|Last New Visitor|
Visited January 11, 2011