Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Request for USC Credit Union Chairman of the Board - please engage in grievance resolution...

September 14, 2009
.
Jerald M. Jellison, Ph. D.
Chairman of the Board
USC Credit Union
.
Dr Jellison:
.
We have never met, I believe, and I could not remember ever communicating with you before either.
However, searching my email, sure enough, there was a message there from 1998, related to a
request I received for an opinion on potential changes in admission tests to enhance creativity among
the student population of a major institution abroad... where Ed Ransford referred me to you. I have
since left USC, and my publications veered off into fine literature, including co-editing with Moshe
Lazar (USC), and with introduction by Arnold Band (UCLA) a collection of early modern middleeastern
stories in English translation, [i] which won favorable reviews in the LA Times and elsewhere,
and then - the same in French translation by commission for the official press of the Calvinist Church
of Switzerland. [ii]
.
It appeared though that I have never communicated with you on the issue at hand:
I have been member and deposit account owner since ~1991. I am aggrieved by conduct of USC CU
and its staff, and I am writing to seek good-faith resolution. Events that are directly relevant were
initiated at the end of November 2007. The damages caused through the conduct of USC CU by now
exceed $ 2 million dollars. My life since that time is consumed with financial hardships and
harassment by various parties (not USC CU). Had USC CU complied with the law in November-
December 2007, I would have been spared this ongoing ordeal.
...
E. Request to engage in a good-faith grievance resolution:
I was and am a Credit Union member by conviction, not only by convenience. I asked for it before, but
was declined, however, my previous request was not forwarded directly to the Board:
Please let me know if there is a grievance procedure in the bylaws of the Credit Union that would allow
us to engage in a good-faith attempt to resolve the dispute.
.
It is my belief that the conduct of Ms Schwartz, Mr Perez and Mr Loritz was based primarily on Los
Angeles business rationale, which was logically valid on its face. It was obvious that I faced major
hurdles in securing even my most basic Human Rights pursuant to the Universal Declaration - ratified
International Law. Therefore - I was possibly deemed fair game. The risk appeared minimal at best,
and there could be even rewards to be reaped.
.
In contrast, I approach the Board as those who have the ultimate duty for the safeguard of the integrity
of operations. Moreover, the Board should also take into consideration the fact the credit union carries
the USC name and logos. This story, moving along its own course, is not something that the USC
brand-name should be tied into, surely not featured in as a key offender.
.
In case there is any opening for a dialogue towards resolution, please let me know, at least as a
preliminary intent, by September 21, 2009.
.
Sincerely,


______/s/_____________
Joseph Zernik, DMD, PhD
Member
USC Credit Union

The complete letter can be viewed at:

No comments: